šŸ”„šŸ”„ 2020 MAPS - EU (F10), NA (2.20) & ANZ (2.20) Maps added to Syn3 Updater šŸ”„šŸ”„

Same deal was for me, I own a 2020 Transit Connect but it was built in 12/19 and it reformated successfuly.

this needs configuring

Installed successfully, thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello,

My car is a 2020 model but it was bought in 12/2019, SYNC version 3.4.19200, the current version is SYNC 3.4.351 updated from Fordā€™s official site, itā€™s possible to update to F10 maps with the downgrade option?

Successfully updated on NA Ford Focus SYNC3 3.4 :grinning:

3 posts were split to a new topic: 2021 Focus to 3.4.20351

Thank you, all sorted

**Lincoln 2017 MKZ Hybrid

Used Sans disk usb3.0 256GB
log.txt (8.5 KB)
" DOWNLOAD log.txt file if ā€œINTERESTEDā€
Why did i stay with BUILD 19101 Because all "CLIMATE ICONS appear on Home Screen, go above this build and they disappear
Approximate time for Installation 25 minutes

1 Like

Actually itā€™s because you never had it enabled in ForScan in the AsBuilt, fix that and it will show in future versions.

Had it enabled in forscan when i did the maps for 1.19 and then i tried going up one version and lost the heated and cooled icons on the home screen but kept the heated steering wheel icon

so i can update my map to 2021 with auto install ? Is there not possible to make the program to made only a map update usb key ? where you chose sync3 update off

I have experienced this same issue and after extensive testing among a few members of this forum that have hybrid vehicles, we have come to the conclusion that heated seats icons on the home screen are broken in newer 3.4 builds for hybrid vehicles specifically.

Not entirely sure why it only effects hybrid vehicles, but even after making the necessary as built changes via FORScan they still donā€™t show up. I can also confirm that the only button that works and comes up is the heated steering wheel. I believe @F150Chief was involved in the conversation and he did testing with his F150 and the heated seats buttons showed up fine for him.

This is likely just something that Ford is going to have to fix in newer builds (hopefully). Anyways, further discussion would likely have to get moved to a thread of itā€™s own.

Iā€™m currently on 3.4.20351 on a MY20. Is it possible to update the maps without reformatting?

When I select the maps in the app, with autoinstall, it wants to downgrade by reformatting but then warns me not to do this if Iā€™m on a MY20. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing something, I just havenā€™t figured out what yet.

I hate being an idiot, but when you say ā€˜reformatā€™, you mean an update in its entirety? Just a few days ago I had updated to 3.4.20351 for NA. Just want to be sure I understand, so the exact same process as before. Thank you!

I remember a few months ago there was a discussion about ā€œFROST TELLTALEā€ and when i used Forscan all i had to do was ā€œENABLEā€ that function and @F150Chief asked me what values was i using at 720-01-02 and he actually showed me values that were possible, they were completely different at that address from what i had in my hybrid and in the case of the climate icons , it was simple, just ā€œENABLEā€ and the values did not change 1 build above 19101 but the heated and cooled icons were gone except for the heated steering wheel icon. Couldnā€™t have been forscan, concluded it was the build. Thanks for replying

in that case my mistake :slight_smile: canā€™t test everything

1 Like

If your car came native with any version of 3.4, it is a MY20 apim and the reformat tool will brick it if you attempt to use the reformat.

I remember this and documented it for just such emergenciesā€¦it is specific to hybrid vehicles only.

The problem with heated seats not showing up on your home screen is due to the powerflow app being enabled in the APIM.
The app reserves the two button positions on the home screen (on the Energi it would show powerflow and the charge timer here), so thereā€™s no place for the seat buttons.

7D0-01-02 2xxx xxxx xx Enables it
7D0-01-02 0xxx xxxx xx Disables it

@IraF, you might want to see if this works for youā€¦

@sandibatch ,

ā€œReformatā€ is an entire wipe and re-install of software on the Sync APIM unit. Think of it as wiping a computer and re-installing the operating system. This wipes most settings (except asbuilt).

ā€œUpdateā€ is just that, an update for the operating system, in this case, the Sync application and associated software. This leaves all settings in place.

This would have been the ā€œUpdateā€, as you updated the app and left all settings in place.

1 Like

Unless @CyanLabs knows something I donā€™t, no you cannot update the maps without reformatting using the Syn3 Updater. However, you have a 2020 vehicle, so check the Ford Navigation update site and see if you have free updates.

Ford - Sync3 Map Update (syncnavigation.com)