2020 North America Edge ST NA 2.20 Map Installation

Take a break. Tomorrow (well later today) I’ll write up a tutorial and include the info from all this. I’ll send it to you to proof. I’ll roll up this part of the thread into a new thread…

2020 North America Edge ST NA 2.20 Map Installation

Minus GN, the storage use is spot on. Once you load up the GN and make it all current, just post the log.

1 Like

im already running it. lol

1 Like

Time to eat! Apps reload with gracenotes and voice. My guess. No need to remove gracenotes and install small voice to make this work.

Version: 5U5T-14G381-ER
APIM Model: 5U5T-14G371-CKC
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 32GB
APIM Free Space: 5.1G
4/7/2021 1:57:33 AM +00:00

Partition Type = Free / Total
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 12M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 12M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 13M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 10M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 2.8M / 937M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 8.5M / 1.3G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 1.7G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 17M / 1.7G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 7.2M / 1.4G
/fs/Nuance/ = 16M / 1.6G
/fs/Nuance/ = 10M / 1.1G
/fs/Nuance/ = 25M / 2.6G
/fs/Nuance/ = 3.0M / 465M
/fs/rwdata/ = 756M / 1.2G
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 33M / 35M
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 80M / 90M
/fs/mp/ = 133M / 1.4G
/fs/images/ = 5.1G / 25G

I see you reloaded the NA System Voice, 465M. It looks like you had the Chinese (CN) voice installed, 244M. It has English voice in it.

GN install should bring it to about 4.3GB free. I don’t see it installed. (/fs/Nuance/grace/)

I agree, no need to remove gracenotes and install small voice to make this work.

S*! Do I need to load another file! Lol And I totally recommend a factory reset.

1 Like

You need to load the GN file.

Tutorial: No Gracenotes After Sync 3.4 Installation. Manual Installation Instructions - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Always Master Reset!

@MKFlyers2K ,
This looks really good. Thanks for working on this and your help.

I’m pretty much done for tonight. I’ll catch up tomorrow. I have some work to do during the day but I’ll be free in the evening again.

@avdonr ,
Read thru the thread and bring up any caution points for the tutorial if you would, please.

Thank you

3 Likes

Read through it, and honestly there isn’t much that I think needs to be cautioned. This process is essentially a very long AutoInstall with some reboots.

I’d just make a strong note about the reboots and the length of time required for the entire process to complete. Navigation units should have no issues with space so the process should complete if the USB is properly created (which it should be if the flow is added to the updater app).

Thank you. I am going to include a timeline with the pics about the reboots and actions.

1st reboot about 22 minutes.
2nd reboot about 26 minutes.
3rd reboot about 36 minutes.
After 3rd reboot, the Installation Complete message appears.

1 Like

Sounds good. I guess this would all just be specific to NA. More testing would probably need to be done to create the same workflow for other regions.

1 Like

I have the scripting for the F9 package, from that I’m sure it can be modified for F10. That install is really long…but only 2 reboots.

1 Like

I was able to get the latest gracenotes back in. Ill upload log when i get to my car. Ill see if I can find SIriusXM forum.

1 Like

OK, after gracenotes load. Everything look good? Missing anything?

Version: 5U5T-14G381-ER
APIM Model: 5U5T-14G371-CKC
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 32GB
APIM Free Space: 4.3G
4/7/2021 2:50:02 PM +00:00

Partition Type = Free / Total
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 12M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 12M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 13M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 10M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 2.8M / 937M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 8.5M / 1.3G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 1.7G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 17M / 1.7G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 7.2M / 1.4G
/fs/Nuance/ = 16M / 1.6G
/fs/Nuance/ = 10M / 1.1G
/fs/Nuance/ = 25M / 2.6G
/fs/Nuance/ = 3.0M / 465M
/fs/Nuance/grace = 5.5M / 777M
/fs/rwdata/ = 771M / 1.2G
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 35M / 35M
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 84M / 90M
/fs/mp/ = 133M / 1.4G
/fs/images/ = 4.3G / 25G

1 Like

Looks good. I’m working on the tutorial. I’ll send it later.

Maybe a stupid question: would this mean that you could install un-locked maps without reformat? Currently, that would be EU and NA right?.

Thanks!

1 Like

Exactly right. The EU install needs testing.

1 Like

Thank you, awesome works you guys!
This would be key for those with MY20 units!

1 Like

This was all already known unfortunately, it’s just figuring out the best way to programmatically implement this.

1 Like

Guys also forgot to say. If your headunit has sirius xm logos, some will go missing (the logos that have been updated since hardware release) after the factory reset. They do come back, but it can take days. I would advice after the reset that a refresh signal be sent. I know the logos are a host topic. Ill gladly help. Just might not be tonight.

1 Like

@SaNdMaN @MKFlyers2K @avdonr

The tutorial is posted in the Guides and Info section.

North America 2.20 Map Installation (Stand-Alone without Reformat) - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

I’m thinking of closing this and creating a new thread for the support of this. This thread may just confuse folks as there is a lot of sidetracks.

4 Likes

I’ve read it, super clear and detailed!
Congratulations and great work, thank you for creating the tutorial!.