Multi Contour Seats not available

Sorry, just trying to keep the thread updated as i make changes, i updated to latest version of 3.4 and still had the same problem, even after master reset, the upgrade worked just not the seats. so then i downgraded to 3.3 and the buttons on the screen were not greyed out entirely, but i could not tap the buttons nor use the buttons on the seat still. yes i did a master reset as well as cleared all DTCs the APIM dtc’s keep coming back after clearing. I just reply with the log file for each time ive upgraded/downgraded and responded if it did anything or not. im only installing APPS.

Is there a reason I can’t download the latest available update from fords website to bring me back to 3.0?

I’m running out of ideas…
If your as built is the factory one, if everything is ok, this should work… We had reported issues with some features becoming unavailable, but those where cases where the features were added later on, non stock ones let’s say. But they would be able to be brought back, redoing the modifications…

Let’s see if f150chief things of something else to test…

Because the tool you used to go from 3.0 to 3.4, the reformat tool, is a tool that’s been leaked from Ford. Going from 3.0 to 3.4 reformats the APIM to accommodate new partition layout, this is done with the reformat tool. You can go to 3.3 because the partition layout is the same. I think the farthest you can go, is 3.2.xxxx but don’t quote me on that…

There’s no available reformat tool to restore the 3.0 partition layout… So for the average user, there’s no way to go back to 3.0…

On the other hand, you can always flash the emmc directly, but that requires specialized hardware and physical access to the modules…

So basically if there is no resolution using the 3.3-3.4 versions, I no longer have access to the multi contour seats? What would happen if I took it to the dealership?

If I were you, I would leave it at 3.3…
Since some life signs were seen, who knows…

Is it under warranty?.
If so, you can play dumb and try.
I would also leave it at 3.3 since it looks like 3.0…
Although we had users that went to the dealership with 3.4 and they didn’t care… But that’s based on luck…

Ford knows at which version the car should be, the thing is that they will most likely just don’t care about it… But of course, it’s a risk…

I have the batteries unplugged right now. The very last thing I can try is reloading the As-Built from scratch rather than cross referencing it for the APIM only. I’ve made changes to the IPC and other modules I was hoping to not have to revert back, after I let it sit if that doesn’t solve it, im going to load the original as built data file. If that still doesn’t fix it, im out of ideas.

Truck is not under warranty.

Wait, I thought you already had the original as built…
If not, yep, try that…

Also, did this truck come from the factory with this feature?

Yes it’s a platinum. Came from
Factory with multi contour seats. If I load the as built I assume this will also revert any changes that were made to the modules via forscan that are not listed “as built” modules. Like where you can go and choose each feature rather than change the as built digits?

All I did was verify the as built data matched what was in my APIM module. I did not load it.

I’m not experienced with as built manipulation, let’s wait another member comment on that.

You need to load the entire factory APIM asbuilt to force write and correct any corruption if it exists…

So unless im doing it incorrectly ive loaded the AB data to the APIM and i still dont have MCS functionality. the way i did this was went into the APIM as built module via forscan and loaded the factory AB down at the bottom of the software and i wrote the changes. am i missing something or is this correct? I have an error for both SCMG and SCMH (driver and passenger MCS modules), it wont let me reset those two modules, i did a reset of the APIM and the DSM but still no luck. the SCME module, which is the heating and cooling module, works fine as well

I referenced the statement above, thinking you did not load the OEM factory asbuilt. If you loaded it, then it would be back to factory at this point.

What errors do you have for the SCMG and SCMH modules? If these are the modules themselves, this needs to be fixed first. This was covered earlier in the thread.

In forscan. In the DTC section, where it lists all of the different modules, next to those two modules instead of saying none or giving a DTC it just says error which then gives me the DTC‘s for the API a.m. meaning it lost communication with those two modules. I guess I can try to do the pigtail TSB I think those pigtails are only 20 something dollars just a bit of labor to get behind the seat covers themselves

Yep, they are not communicating with FORScan or on the vehicle buss. Try to do a new profile in FORScan and see if they pop in, most likely will not, but worth a shot.

There is a TSB on this issue for F-Series trucks, about the wires fraying over time and losing functionality for the seats. This is something for the dealer to do. You are probably eligible for no cost repair, since this is an identified issue under TSB.

MC-10169898-0001.pdf (551.5 KB)

I think we can all agree this is NOT a Sync issue.

They did not come in under a new profile using forscan, im at the point where I’m heading to a dealer to see if they will cover it among the other recalls on the truck. I just found it odd that both seat modules would stop working at the same time, which just so happens to coincide with the sync upgrade. On the positive side, if it is the pigtails that means I should be able to go back to 3.4.

Side note: is it odd that the buttons weren’tgreyed out entirely in 3.3 but we’re always greyed out in 3.4?

It only takes one wire to take out both modules in the F-Series trucks because the power runs to the drivers seat then to the passenger seat. Only one break will do it. However, look at F19 in the Battery Junction Box (BJB) behind the battery. 10A fuse.

Coincidence, yeah maybe. But maybe it happened just before, who knows.

1 Like

True, it’s not a feature that gets used everyday so very well could’ve happened Before and I didn’t know. I’ll let you guys know what the dealer says. I have 3.3 loaded so hopefully they won’t question sync version. They’re gonna see my 5 position switch and ezlynk mounted under the dash that might tip them off I’ve messed with some things but who knows.

Do the seat buttons on the side of the seats work for MCS? Is the fuse ok?

Seats on the side do not work, they’ve not worked the whole time that’s how I noticed. I will check fuse when I park