Questions before updating from 3.0 to 3.4 using Sync3Updater

Hello community,
I hope this post is in the correct area.
My car (2017 Ford Focus) is on Sync3 3.0 Build 20204 with Europe F10 maps. I have an update file Map_9420893521_Update.zip from the Ford servers but I don’t know what it is about. Maybe it’s the F11 maps? I would think that it is installed but maybe it’s not.
I have an issue where my Sync3 shows a ‘Updating System’ Message every now and then when I start the car. Actually it’s not updating. There isn’t even an usb stick connected.
My plan is to use the Sync3 updater to install the latest 3.4 version and hope this fixes the Problem. Do you agree?
A second question to all Ford Focus users of similar model year. Is the latest version the best option or should I stick to another version? If I choose an older version, do I have to turn off automatic updates to prevent it from updating to the most current version?
And finally a last question that I hope somebody could answer.
Years ago I used a software (maybe Forscan ?) and a bluetooth dongle to update some values in my car.
I enabled a button for climate control and speech control for the air condition in Sync3 by changing the address
7D0-01-02 from xxxx x5xx xxxx to xxxx x3xx xxxx
and enabled a display of the current set temperature in the top row in Sync3 by changing the address
7D0-04-01 from xxxx xxx1 xxxx to xxxx xxx0 xxxx
This worked perfect for the years but could this cause issues when updating to 3.4?
This is a long text but I am pleased for every answer.
Regards,
Jan

I’ve recently put the latest version 3.4.23088 and F12 maps on my 2017 Focus and all is well.

I turn off wireless update because the car is never near WiFi, i also have diagnostic info turned off.

I’m just unsure about the update loop I’m having and the modifications I made to see the climate controls in Sync3. Is that all Overwritten? That would be fine but I don’t want to face problems.

I have Ford Focus 2018 (not the new 2018). My car had version 2.x which I updated to version 3.0 the same as yours via SyncUpdater. Then I updated to version 22251 and today to 23088. You can skip 22251 and jump to 23088. After each update do a factory reset and don’t forget not to pull out the usb stick until the very end which says update is successful. It takes around 1 hour to update the system.

Post the autoinstall.lst file from inside the zip

Yes

Nope

1 Like

Sync 3 rolling update issue - Ford / Help & Support - CyanLabs Official Community

Tutorial: Sync 3.0.20204 with 2022 EU 2.21 (F11) Map Installation - Ford / Guides - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

autoinstall.lst (455 Bytes)

Please see attached the requested file.
On the first picture you can see that I’m at version 3.0 20204 with europe maps F10.
The second picture shows the ‘updating’ notification that comes nearly every time I start the system. Please note that there is no usb drive attached.

That autoinstall file is for a nav voice package and GN update, no maps files are specified…

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.20204]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-TJB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TJB.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G422-BF
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G422-BF.tar.gz
Item3 = JR3T-14G423-AB
Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-AB.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

Yes, that is exactly what I’m facing.

Anyway. Is it save to just update to the latest 3.4 Version and just don’t care about the Ford updates anymore?

Once you go from Sync 3.0.xxxxx to Sync 3.4.xxxxx the updates from Ford are irrelevant. You will never get one.

You can still update the maps for Sync 3.0 if you like…
1U5T-14G424-BL 1U5T-14G421-B*J F11 EU.2.21 (10.05.2021)
JR3T-14G421-BH 15Gb Sync3 v3.2.22023-Pre18.5 EU.2.21 (10.05.2021, F11)

or go to Sync 3.4 with those maps…

@janfrost…just do exactly the same as @alirezamohammadi did in his comments on this thread earlier, that is what I did without issues.
You could then disable wifi auto updates and wifi to be on the safe side but there won’t be any further contact from Ford anyway as @F150Chief indicated.

I tried to upload the xml file via website. I don’t think ota update using wifi will work anymore after version 3.0. Currently, on the website it recognises my version as 3.4.22251 which was updated with the help of one of the users. I can’t change to to the lastest one though

Once you update with Cyanlabs you cut all ties with the Ford update system.
You can no longer easily advise them of your latest update and the wifi connection to their updates no longer works. In recent times even many updating through the Ford site find they cannot later advise Ford of their update.

The earlier model Fords prior to 2020 with sync 3 version 3.0 cannot be updated to the sync 3.4 version anyway through the Ford update method to my knowledge.

Once you have updated with Cyanlabs to 3.4 any future updates need to be done with Cyanlabs which is great as you also get the latest maps free if you have SatNav. :yum:

No point in advising Ford of updates then anyway in my view as you will no longer be advised of updates that you do not already have.

Feel free to send Cyanlabs a donation… :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you all! I just updated to 3.4 and everything looks very good so far.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.