Sync 3.4.20136 - Feedback & Issues

So then I will just need to re-authorize fordpass.
In FordSyncDownloader I just select the new map version to 119? and I don’t need to select the software version?

Hi all, since the update to sync 3.4.20136 on a MY2019 Focus titanium, it’s impossible to use the find location of the vehicule with fordpass. I already remove the app and reconfigure it with the VIN then approve the connection.
All features to use location and vehicule information are checked. For info the fuel and tire pressure are showed but impossible to have the location.
Worked fine before the update. Any idea ?

It takes time after the reconfiguration how long have you waited. Did you accept it on the sync unit. Mine works fine

Remove the vehicle from FordPass and add again.Sometimes the re-authorization takes some time, give it a day.

You will need to run the downgrade, then run the reformat tool with your new maps and version of software. Read the tutorial and follow the app, should be fine.

That is the version in the 2020 Ford Fusion they gave me as a loaner, while they fix my checklist of bumper to bumper problems (I’m at the 3 year mark, so I saved them all up).

Using the new vehicle has made me want this version. I built the latest one last night, but I think I am going to go with 19274 instead. Carplay & Enhanced Bluetooth have worked really well in that car and I like the look.

I’m scared to flash my APIM, though (2017 Ford Escape that I get back tomorrow). I’ve never used the ODB stuff and can’t find a step by step to do that one part.

The update to SYNC 3.4 is relatively safe granted you created the USB properly and the chance of you bricking your APIM by updating SYNC is very low. However, doing a firmware upgrade via ODB has a much higher risk of bricking and I would not recommend it. Doing a firmware upgrade is not necessary to get SYNC 3.4 so you can just upgrade your SYNC and leave it at that. The only benefit of a firmware upgrade would be to enable calm mode and radio logos (if supported in your region).

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The USB is good to go, I’m going to do that and leave the APIM alone for now.

I hacked around with Sync and the installer list, etc… back before 19205 of 3.0 came out. I am comfortable there. With this program Cyan made, it was easier than I ever expected to create the media.

I should get my vehicle back tomorrow or Friday. I’ll update then!

I did the update on friday the 4th and I completely removed the app and the vehicle and restarted the approval of the app on monday the 7th.

have you master reset the SYNC?

Not yet done. Does a master reset require a re-installation from an USB drive ?

no Settings > General > Master Reset

it’s a IMPORTANT step in this upgrade process and mentioned multiple times.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiBn5flj9_rAhXhna0KHY85Ao0QFjABegQIDxAN&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D24nDPMp_sis&usg=AOvVaw1od9twOWZAC62lLer8Awze

no Settings > General > Master Reset
it’s a IMPORTANT step in this upgrade process and mentioned multiple times.

I made this morning and also new authorization and acceptance on the sync device. Until now no location info but I know it can take time.
Thanks all for your help and suggestions

No, it’s exactly as the message says. GPS does not consider summer time so you have to adjust the clock manually by 1h.

2 Likes

Hey all… I downloaded the files to update my 2017 Explorer to 3.4, worked great! Now my problem… I used automatic update on my 2019 Mustang, and after the update, voice navigation doesn’t work. Can I used the same files on the USB to rerun the update on my Mustang to hopefully fix the voice nav issue? They’re both running v20136, and I read that some earlier instances of the USB update from Ford ran multiple times does to the ‘delay’ parm not being in the autoinstall file, so I think it should work. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Doug

Are these both Nav models? Check your IVSU data on the APIM and see if nav voice installed.

Re-running the 20136 update will not fix the nav voice issue. Have you performed a Master Reset? This usually fixes it. If not, then you have an incomplete install of the maps update. You can downgrade back to 3.3.19052 with the downloader and then re-run the 3.4.xxxx update with NAV maps and voice. You cannot load maps with Sync 3.4 higher than 3.4.19200.

Yes, both are Nav models. Yes, I have performed a Master Reset. Now that you mention this, the Auto Update procedure updated Sync to 3.4 20136, and when I saw that the maps were still at NA 17, I downloaded the map update from the Ford site and installed it since I’m still getting free updates. I didn’t see any errors. If I’m reading you correctly, either way, I need to downgrade to 3.3.19052 and then re-run the 3.4.20136 update, right?

Thanks for the assist!!

Yes, but that will not fix the voice nav issue. You need to run the 20136 update with NAV.

Ok, I must be missing something. Will re-running the 20136 update after downgrading fix the voice nav issue?

Or is there something else I need to do first, or instead?

Yes it should, sorry for the confusion.