Sync 3.4.20136 - Feedback & Issues

How to go from from build 19274 to build 20136

I have updated from Sync 3.0 to 3.4 20136 on my 2018 Ford Focus (Thai Built).

I havenā€™t had climate show up like many other Mk3 Focus owners. The process was fairly easy and the downloaded struggled a few times (maybe the connection timed out due to my internet speed).

The issues I have found so far:

1. While using CarPlay, it will occasionally switch to the radio when using the seek buttons. I found turning of TA or Traffic fixed this.
  2. If I use Google Maps rather then Apple Maps then the volume controls only the ā€œPrompt Volumeā€.
  3. Sometimes I struggle to keep it on Radio/FM if my phone is connected with CarPlay enabled.

Most of these I can live with, but I thought Iā€™d point them out in case others are having the same issues.

1 Like

Has anyone had issues with brightness mines is completely
disabled is there a fix for this I am currently on build 20136

I understand this update to sync 3.4 is for the Ford focus and I am trying to update with Ford F150 and would like to understand if the instruction and software download provided will be able to work with F150?. I will be using Windows 10 and it is for F150 2018 NA region with maps and currently i am on sync 3.0. Secondly once the update is completed do I need to redo all the forscan modification that I had done previously?. Thank you.

The update is for Ford vehicles equipped with Sync 3. (A few exceptions.) The update will work fine on an F150 equipped with Sync 3 with NAV, like yours. You will not need to redo your FORScan modifications. Remember to perform a Master Reset once the update is complete and re-pair your phones. Keep in mind you cannot return to Sync 3 version 3.0 once you upgrade. You will be able to go to version 3.2 or 3.3, which have the same look and feel of 3.0, but are updated versions. Please read the notes for Sync 3 version 3.4, as there are some minor bugs that you may care about. The most stable versions at this point seem to be 3.4.19101, 19200, and 19274. The newer versions have some minor usb and Carplay/AA issues. You may need to upgrade your USB hub for Carplay.

The decision to upgrade and to which version is your responsibility.

Make sure you have a good USB 3 16GB stick formatted as EXFAT. Follow the instructions in the downloader and it should work fine. Do not remove the stick until the installation is complete.

Please note: you must either have the engine running through the update, about 1/2 hour for North American vehicles, or connect a charger to the vehicle, ignition on. If the vehicle shuts down it will stop the update and you will need to start over.

If you would like to read more about Sync in the F150, go to https://www.f150forum.com/f118/upgrade-sync-3-v3-0-v3-4-instructions-458828/.

1 Like

In the display menu, place the mode in day or night and you should be able to adjust the brightness manually. The brightness function is tied to the vehicle illumination in auto mode.

Brightness can only be adjusted in night mode. In day mode is disable.

Thanks for the link. Honestly I have seen that link as well but frankly by looking at the form it appear its more tricky as you need to get the right files to flash on F150. I like the option provided here by the Cyanlabs as the software appear to be able to do select and place the correct files. Hence was wondering if the cylanlabs software can be used for F150 since most of the discussion are about Focus :slight_smile: . Thanks for the feedback and appreciate it.

Upgraded 3.0.19205 to 3.4.20136 in a 2016 F-150.

Did the master reset of Sync. Wiped all pairing between Sync and my Galaxy S20. Cleared cache and data of Android Auto. Still, Sync/AA keeps re-pairing every 2-3 minutes over and over while its connected to Sync. Trying things to fix it, but curious if anyone has encountered this or has ideas?

Iā€™m now upgraded to the latest version, but my Language is UK. What is the process to change it to US or North America? Thanks.

Hi. I use USB music all the time in my Edge. What version of 3.4 would be the best for me please?

19200, 19274 or 19101

1 Like

I recommend 19274. Used it a few weeks with no issues.

1 Like

Where are you located?
Do you have NAV in motion enabled, meaning did you change the region?

App crashes during download after latest Win 10 NET donlwload.

Please try again, this seems to happen occasionally, still looking in to it

Make sure you have over 10GB of storage free at your download location and make sure your download location is not your USB drive

Roger, just for your info: Download location is not the USB drive, free storage is over 80 GB. By the way, it seems the new ROV GPS map 2019 Q4 is available. Downloaded already. Can forward this to you if wanted. Thanks

I do already have ROW maps but I donā€™t have a official ford link until I do I wonā€™t update the package, as I donā€™t want legal action for rehosting copyrighted content

Hello

Iā€™m already on 3.4.20136 and map 118 from the factory auto update.

If I use FordSyncDownloader just to update my maps to 119 will this affect my fordpass or other remote features I have? My truck is a 2019 Ford F-150

Thank you

No, but you will likely need to reconfigure them