Sync 3.4.20136 - Feedback & Issues

maybe, some people have had there boot animations changed others haven’t, worse case you tweak it with forscan and edit the asbuilt.

Hi CyanLabs, Don’t want to change the animations, just want to do the upgrade to 3.4 - 20136 and when finished keep the same current Lincoln boot animation. Will the update keep that in place… Not trying to do any custom animation just factory. Do not have Forscan available to modify as built programming so once again will it keep the factory Lincoln Boot animation after update?

not sure what part of my message was unclear. IT DEPENDS! some do some don’t if you are worried so much about a boot logo then don’t continue without FORSCAN!

Nice way to respond to a new member looking for some answers from an experience user… Obviously you have much more experience than I do… Just trying to get some assistance with my upgrade using you material. Sorry to bother you…

OK, I understand, but i can’t guarantee your boot logo won’t be changed, it changes for some people it doesn’t for others, depends on existing asbuilt, depends on retrofit or stock etc etc etc. it’s not as simple as yes or no, it is however super easy to fix if it does change by editing AsBuilt via forscan.

Brand new 2019 Lincoln MKC with Stock Sync 3 from factory. Did upgrade to 3.0 19205 a few weeks back via Lincoln/Ford Sync Website download to USB. That did not change boot animation but I understand that this is a whole different method and the reason for my questions and concerns.

Honestly i think it will be fine but no guarantee’s £20 or your equivalent currency and you can get a ForScan compatible adapter and change the boot logo back easily if it does change

One last question, will I be able to use your software and go straight to version 3.4.20136 with Navigation Maps? Is that the best advice for upgrade path? I keep seeing people talking about downgrading to 20021. I really don’t use a USB drive to play music so not sure that would be much of an issue for my use. With your advice, what is the best version to upgrade to? I see that 2.1.05 of your software was just released and mine upgraded after I did the 20136 build. Should I rebuild using the newer version?

Based on you saying you don’t use usb for music I would say 20136 is best for you :slight_smile: you can use the latest version of the program to go straight to that :slight_smile:

Best to be safe and redo it.

what if i use usb to connect my phone to android auto ?

thats fine. atleast from mine and a few others reports. its only usb media

These is a lag and even some magnetic sound during the usb playback. in paticular, 24bit wav or flac files.

I am at 20136 now.
2018 Ford Kuga.
I have a USB problem.
when i turn the car off and on again,system prompts"Attempting to reconnect to MEDIA DEVICE…Please Wait",This has been prompted since 19200.
How can I solve this problem?
Thank you.图片

I have little cuts with the bluetooth when I connect the phone and listen to music, they are very slight

the problem started with version “20xxx”

2 Likes

now i have SYNC 3 version 3.4 Build 19200, i want to know if with the new version 20136 there is option to watch youtube ?

The short answer is no, you may be able to do it through hacking android auto but that’s beyond the scope of this forum.

1 Like

Hello, I’m from Poland and bought Ford Escape 2018 from US. I change region from US to EU, frequency to EU and language to PL in APIM module but I still have US maps in navi. I have sync 3.0 and want update to 3.4 version and change maps to F9 EU. Which version Sync 3.4 should I download? And if there will not be a problem with maps because there is no match in module I have US maps and want to have F9 EU. I have have made compilation of update from your Ford Sync Update Downloader on my pen-drive but I’m not sure of this change. Any tips from your side will be helpful.
Regards Marcin.

Hi, CyanLabs does not support changing region, EU maps are about twice the size of NA and will likely not fit, you can do a custom country specific install by deleting uneeded files, or let me know your country and pay via https://cyanlabs.net/api/stripe/ and i will create a custom package for you.

Why shouldn’t fit? in US APIM is 32 GB and created compilation have 24.1 GB. How big is after unpack?
OK but what kind of information You need to create a custom package for me?

EU APIMS are 64 GB, Tar.Gz is about half the size of it decompressed.

You are welcome to try and fit EU on a NA unit, you WILL fail at approximately 30 minutes in.

1 Like