Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

That’s right you have the old CGEA1.2 structure. I don’t know what value it would be, but it is in there. Explorer’s shared the same structure till just a few years ago, so Explorer forums might be a place to find info.

You should use ‘4’ in that value. You don’t have a traffic modem, not a US thing.

Online Traffic Modem (TPEG), Calm Screen (CS), Enhanced DAB (ED), AA OE Channel Feature (AACF)

Haha ! Well, that’s a lot more options/choices than the thread I linked shows. Thanks (again) !!

That is an older thread that was written before the APIM Database was “flushed out”.

See this:
https://cyanlabs.net/ford-apim-asbuilt-db/

I just successfully upgraded from 3.0.19205 to 3.4.20196 without any problems. I have radio logos now and AC can be controlled by touch screen also now. Rear view camera zoom button does not work (after master reset), but doesn’t matter, I have never used it anyway.

Thank you!

Ford Focus Turnier 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium, 2017

Hello to the team.

I just upgraded to 20196 and everything works properly. I didn’t upgrade maps as I have 2020 model Puma and I was afraid trying downgrade. I have 3 questions,

The logos are only supported in dab stations? In fm stations I haven’t seen any logo but I don’t know if it is system problem or Greek stations do not transmit their logo.

After upgrade, no xml file created in order to upload to ford. Is this normal? What can I do?

As soon as I upgraded to 20196 is there a safe way to upgrade the maps?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello Kostas,

1. Logos are DAB and FM, but unfortunately as you say, not in Greece.
  2. Reporting the update to Ford does nothing for you, really. However if you wish to do so, run the Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility/Create Interrogator Log
  3. There is no safe way to run the reformat tool. I do not know if there is a stand alone map release from Ford you could run.

This might only be for North America, but try this:
https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home

Thanks for the answer, the only need for reporting to ford is to be informed concerning new updates especially for maps.

You will get the notices regardless.

Hi. Are these the latest updates for 20196?
I only ask cause the picture at the top of this page has 20196 for 3 of the files.
thanks.

For EU, yes. What is your vehicle and year?

2019 focus active.
thanks.

Your current version and the one you’re updating to are the same, are you sure this is correct? You have them both set at 20196, if so, then you’re not actually changing anything as you have kept existing maps.

Yep. wasn’t changing the maps. already updated the apps package and wanted to update the voice, DAB and gracenote to see if there was any improvements.
cheers.
Feel free to move this conversation if its going off topic.

@Kostas_Kalathas I guess you are talking about this webpage or? I just used the UK Version, i guess it will be similiar in Greece or the country you live. The UK and German Page are more or less identical.
https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

In the European webpages from it is always a 2-step approach enter the VIN than the system checks for software updates. If this is the recent version, than they script will check for the maps.

If the update is performed the user has to upload the interrogator xml file. Otherwise there will always the software update prepared.

The US homepage looks much more user-friendly :wink: but does not accept european VIN ESN combinations :frowning: at least not the one from my car.

1 Like

Yes this is the page. I am afraid that the system will not get informed about my update and will not offer me the maps update. That’s why I asked about the xml file that is missing from sync folder after update.

Just use the link at the update page from Ford.uk it is placed under troubleshooting.
https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/rhd/central/owners/resources-and-support/sync-&-bluetooth-support/update/documents/Interrogator_AC.zip
This will create the xml-file in the SyncMyRide folder of the USB-stick
To be honest i dont know how Ford is dealing with inofficial updated Sync modules. If the script is just checking for software version same or higher than it may work.
:slight_smile:
Anyhow i guess normally the map files are faster spreaded by other channels than by the offical Ford update page for your vehicle. :wink:

They don’t deal with it. The Interrogator Utility just gathers the statistics of the APIM and then you send that to Ford. If you have an “unofficial” or NON-Ford packaged update (the files are the same, they all come from the same place) and you are allowed that update, then it will reflect the update when you upload the xml. If you are not allowed that update, it is not supposed to show it. (I have seen where this is not true.) For instance, my 2015 F-150 is stuck on Sync 2 Rev 3.10 on the Ford website, because the vehicle was never equipped with Sync 3.

So theoretically, the Ford website will only show what your vehicle is authorized, according to Ford. Map updates, like you say, are handled entirely separate from the app, etc., updates.

2 Likes

I am used to have updates from other sources for all my gadgets. In this case - map - I have not found other source except cyanlabs but there is the bricking danger with 2020 cars.

I understand, but the inconvenience of slightly outdated maps is a bit easier than replacing the APIM with Ford. That is a bit expensive. Unless you can get a warranty replacement…it’s not worth the hassle.

2 Likes

You are 100% right. Moreover we have the option of android auto even with USB cable. If android auto worked wireless i would not need the navigation of sync.

1 Like