Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

there are multiple reports of this issue on the internet don’t believe it’s related, here is one example https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251350808

Thanks! Strange issue for sure as I didn’t have it with 3.0. Must be CarPlay/Waze issue.

I saw a comment on another forum about having to turn off Carplay when using Waze. Try that…

Navigation instructions on ipc screen stopped working. I don’t know if it’s a Waze issue or update issue. 2018 Fusion, Brazil

Yeah same, a little while back, think it’s a Waze issue

1 Like

I recently installed the update 3.4 20136, but unfortunately I forgot to check the maps.
Now I wanted to install the update to 20196 with the maps, but I get the message Installation failed with the error code: PKG_ERR04

Is there a way to install only the maps?

This is my question too

Earlier in this thread i posted this

Thanks, i will check it today and post the results!

Thanks, I will try.
Are these the files of the newest Version (F9 / 09/2020)?

Is this the same for 20136?
Does i need to edit these two lines in autoinstall.lst

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20196_PRODUCT] to [SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20136_PRODUCT]
[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20196] to [SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20136]

?

yes it is the same, you will need to change that to match yes

I didn’t change the 2 lines and the map update went without a problem on 3.4.19274

Maps are now correct installed and it works!
Thanks for helping!

Not sure if this question makes sense… but can we download the entire app with NAV and all and just reformat from the older version? Other than taking longer is there any problem with doing this?

if you are on before 19274 sure, if not you need to downgrade first.

Is there a reason why you have to downgrade first? Why cant you just reformat and go with new versions? Or will it not reformat if you are on the newer file system?

reformat tool was blacklisted by ford on 3.4.19274 and above.

1 Like

Interesting!

Thanks for that information

Thank you! I successfully updated my 2020 Explorer ST to Apps 20196 and Voice 20142. Now the question is, does anyone know what actually changed in these updates? Is there a change log anywhere? I suppose not since it’s not “officially” released, but is there a place for us to list the things we notice? Thanks again!