Sync 3.4.20282 - Feedback & Issues

i know that but it looks nice

No idea Iā€™m afraid, and I donā€™t understand the question either

1 Like

I recently upgraded my 2016 ford focus from sync 2 to sync 3 with a sync 3 unit purchased online. It came pre-installed with 20282 and appears to be manufactured in 2020. Would this count as being MY2020 and not eligible to downgrade to earlier versions?

1 Like

I canā€™t speak about downgrading (to what ?), but the p/n starts with a ā€œJā€. Ford has made ā€œKā€ and even ā€œLā€ units which are newer. Yours is also made in China so I wonder if theyā€™re still producing older hardware revs there. As @F150Chief has explained, the letter series really dictates what model year (MY) it is, not actually when it was made. Seems odd but as I mentioned, they can continue making older versions.

I have an ā€œLā€ series, produced in August 2019, and hecho en Mexico.

1 Like

Thanks, I was referring to the ā€œdowngrade modeā€ that seems required for any map updates and such. On a related note, this is a NAV unit and Iā€™m using ROW region on 20282, which seems to lack voice navigation. So I was considering going to an earlier 3.4 build to see if that fixes the issue.

That is a counterfeit fake Chinese apim, I suggest you get that returned ASAP as I know they do fail. If you plan to keep it, do not run any updates on it as you are likely to kill it.

For information, these units with Made in China, a false date like the 2020 one above when the dual usb model was only made in 2016 and with a part number JS7T-14G370-HMC (JS7T is 2018) contain hacked/badly configured memory modules.

@CyanLabs probably need to factor in a warning about these units somewhere.

1 Like

I disagree with complains about climate iconā€¦
I have FF 3.5 2018 with oem Sync3.
Yesterday i upgraded it to 3.4 20282 (from 3.4.20196).
After factory reset, climate icon is still on its place and fully works. I turned it on by myself long time ago using Forscan.
As far as i know it can be normally turned on via ori UCDS. So it can be also turned on via Forscan but i donā€™t know which part of asbuilt does it.

There was a bug a few versions back that seemed to either force it on or swap the condition for it, people who didnā€™t have it before, will have it on that version, now again wonā€™t on this version. not a bug but a fix to a bug that you experienced previously, like you said you can just turn it on with forscan.

That is why it works. The bug in the software is a condition where the climate setting is unchanged from OEM, and the software bug then enabled the display of the settings on screen. You changed the setting forcing the climate settings to be displayed, so the software bug did not manifest in this condition.

ROW NAV does not have voiceā€¦

Also, I agree with @Louage, this combination of part number and date of manufacturer is incorrect. The APIM is a counterfeit.

Hi, what if want to keep power flow and charge settings icons? Now on startup they appear for the moment and then nothing.
I have played with 7D0-08-01: ####-##XX-####
At the moment it is 00. Getting via apps to power flow and via settings to charge settings both works OK.
Tried modify from 01 to 07, icons stays in home window, that would be good, but when pressed power flow - blank screen is shown instead of flow. And when pressed charge settings - window shows only battery icon with percentage without ability to modify anything - departure (GO) time buttons are inactive / grey out.
Can someone help me to fix that please?

Quick question will all radio station logos appear without needing forescan

Yes thatā€™s correct, for dab and FM stations.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have not really played with this feature since I donā€™t have access to a hybrid. However, there are some guys here that may be able to help.

@Louage, @Psihawk, @avdonr

Weird it isnā€™t appearing for me, but the text appears fine but no logo appears on the radio satiations also so do I actually need forescan to fix this issue

I believe what is happening here is the buttons on the home screen are trying to access the new power flow app designed for MY20 vehicles. A friend of mine just bought a new 2020 Escape hybrid and they have a completely redesigned power flow app. For some reason it appears as if Ford didnā€™t link the legacy power flow app to the home screen button correctly.

I doubt there is anything we can do to remedy this and we will just have to wait for a new SYNC release where they hopefully fix that link (although unlikely as we arenā€™t technically supposed to be running 3.4 anyways). Ford might even remove the legacy power flow app from 3.4 all together eventually in favour of the new one. If I get a chance I will try to grab a picture of the new power flow app in my friends 2020 Escape.

Personally in my 2018 Fusion Energi I just removed the hybrid buttons from the home screen and let the phone button take up the extra space. I access the charge settings and power flow app from the apps panel.

1 Like

Itā€™s worth trying, what country and radio type are you using? I am aware that logos donā€™t work on certain radio types in the states.

I didnā€™t think the logos worked at all for radio stations here in the US. They donā€™t work for meā€¦ Satellite radio is a different animal and no logos is apparently ā€œnormalā€ for non-navigation systems.

Update: hereā€™s the new power flow app vs the legacy one

New:

Legacy:

It seems like when you click the power flow button on your Home Screen it tries to take you to the new power flow app but itā€™s not compatible with older cars so it doesnā€™t show up/work properly.

1 Like

You are correct. They do work for SDARS in NA, but only on the later hardware that supports it. There was a thread on this I thinkā€¦