Sync 3.4.20282 - Feedback & Issues

Must be summer in Canada…

1 Like

Thank you both for reply. I will wait for an update, maybe then icons/buttons (legacy) not gonna disappear from main window :slight_smile:

1 Like

!
I plugged the USB Drive(used the sync3 updater v2.0) in the the car, after few minutes, this stop on this error in 4U5T-14G421-CBC_1580860472000.TAR.GZ, anyone know what’s going on and what should I do?

Recreate the usb or redownload and replace that file

4 Likes

I’ll try that, thx for helping.

Do i have F9.1 Map ? becase ford update site keep saying that there is a map update of 8.2GB

If you update your SYNC/maps via cyanlabs Ford won’t know of the update and so they’ll keep offering it to you even if you are on the latest version.

1 Like

What are you trying to accomplish?
That text you pasted before seems to be the creation of the interrogator log tool.
The log you pasted just show the log from the Syn3 Updater, which is the creation of the log.

How did you create it ?

I try to use the cyanlabs map update but i get every time after few seconds a MEM_ERR01

I try only the map, and i also have try with sync 20282 update on it. The mode is autoinstall

I dont know what im doing wrong

I think my car is a MY20 but its made december 2019 but is a 2020 model that has the led headlight instead for the H7 Bulb headlight. I have DAB/NAVI with Bang Olufsen

i used the new cyanlabs software 2.0.0.0 where you can made a log file

I don’t know what you are doing, honestly.

The log that you sent before, seems the creation of the interrogator tool usb.
Nothing else. Did you create it with the 2.0 app?.
That log tells us nothing, since is just the creation of the tool.
The log that contains information is the one that’s saved on the USB drive you created after you connect it to your car. More information → Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility/Create Interrogator Log

I´m so sorry… This updating of the car with this new tool and warning MY20 is not for normal people like me, it will be nice if there where a tool that where normal stupid computer guy like me friendly. My old Fiesta Vignale that was a MY19 it was so easy. Now with my new MY20 i`m very scared to use it becase it seems like it can break the unit if i dont do it right. What i have understood is that Reformat and downgrade is not allow to use, becase it all-time comes with the warning about MY20. Why not make the software in settings where you can tell i have a MY20 and the software only use the update that is safe for the MY20 ? and again. How can i update the map on my MY20 to 09.2020 map without getting the MEM_ERR01

I suggest you read the documentation, this is all explained.

Is it impossible to update only the map ? if yes -what mode must i use ? autoinstaller ? i´ll get always MEM_ERR01

You ask for a log file last… I have this apim model LU5T-14G371-GKC, is it a MY19 or MY20 apim ?

One quick Google search later, this appeared: Update maps to F9 (09.2020) - #23 by CyanLabs

1 Like

OMG the its a MY20… Okay… the i guess i´m stuck till cyanlabs figure out how to use reformat or downgrade on My20… hope soon :slight_smile:

It seems so, warnings are for a reason.
Since it’s quite new, try getting the official update from Ford if you can; I understood you didn’t do anything with that car with Cyanlabs tool.

If you actually read the documentation you would know that it’s not actually the APIM that is the issue, its the screen, the drivers in the Reformat tool are incompatible with MY20 screens.

so if the reformat is use it will be blackscreen while it update ? or willit also be dead the screen after update with reformat ? now im learning :smiley: