Sync 3.4.20282 - Feedback & Issues

yes i update to 20282 with cyanlabs tool. the map is officel ford. the unit was with 19200 from factory

If Ford is telling you that there is a maps update for your car and itā€™s a MY20 car then you can use that update from them and it should work regardless of what 3.4.xxxxx version of SYNC you are running.

Do you get the MEM error when you try to update via Fordā€™s package or using the cyanlabs updater?

Bothā€¦ I just try again with the original ford map update that has a size of 8.2GB that should be 09.2020 update of the map. I just have to wait to they figure out with this driver problem for the screen. That will properly happen in 2021 :smiley:

No it wonā€™t, we need a new leaked format tool from before anything is done.

1 Like

Those Russian nerds are goodā€¦ so dont you think they figure out somthingā€¦ They always do that in the end :joy:

Updated this morning from 3.420196 to 3.420282 and before I had climate control, but since the update the climate control is gone.
Prior to update Android auto worked, after the update it loads, shows, then drops out back for Ford screen.

I did a master reset and set the phones up again but once reconnected fault is the same.

I recreate a new usb drive and it happened again, error is the same. Do u know what should I do? Plz

Iā€™ve got a problem with downloading to a USB , trying the easy route but keep getting the same pop up messageā€¦

, has anyone seen this yet ? Trying the 3.4.20282 version.

It appears the download path has a double slash (i.e. E:// instead of E:/) so the program isnā€™t looking in the right directory. Try changing the download path. Are you downloading to the same USB you are trying to use for the install?

How do I go about changing the download path ?

And I am using the same USB that I will install with.

I changed the path to sync my ride file, then got this pop upā€¦

Your download path has to be a location on your computer. It cannot be on the USB. What is happening is you are downloading the files to the USB and then formatting it which deletes the files. The Syn3Updater app will copy the files to your USB for you when it is done downloading.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I got it figured out, thanks again !

1 Like

Think you are missing the point, the reason all of this is possible is due to a leaked tool from ford. Not russian hackers or anything

3 Likes

Okayā€¦ i see

But i hope soon there will be a reformat tool for MY20. Now i cant not install the original map update from ford becase i get this MEM error 1

hello, please help with displaying FM LOGO,
after upgrading from version 3.0 to 3.4. the logos are displayed and everything works until the car is switched off and locked, after a new start the logo will not be displayed until I change the station preset or retune the radio. then everything works again until the car starts again and the situation repeats itself.
does anyone have any solution to this problem
S-MAX 2016

I suspect this is due to the way it resets the APIM, I think after 45 seconds?

There is an issue where it cycles back to the first preset, so you may start the car on the station you were on, but it isnā€™t selected. If you do preset back or forward, you will go back or forward from whatever is in Preset 1.

I really dislike this ā€˜featureā€™. It seems the two are very related, though. I often look at my radio after starting and even though itā€™s playing my last channel, its button isnā€™t ā€˜pushedā€™ in.

Clear all your presets and reprogram them. This is an issue with the APIM and ACM synchronization.

If you have FORScan, perform a reset on the ACM.

so reset APIM forscan reset ACM forscan or master reset sync did not help. so I disconnected the car battery for a few hours and after plugging in everything works properly, I just hope it lasts

1 Like