Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

Ah thanks. I’d rather not mess with FORscan if I can haha.

This might be a dumb question but is there any harm in using the reformat install method for all updates including 3.4.20282 > 3.4.20351?

Is it akin to a “clean install” or how does it exactly work?

1 Like

There really isn’t much risk to using the reformat option every time however you will be greatly increasing the eMMC write cycles and it may wear out your APIM prematurely. The module wasn’t designed to be written to excessively like that.

3 Likes

Yeah i probably wouldn’t reformat apart from when doing full map installs personally

3 Likes

Looking to install on two vehicles:

2019 Edge ST and 2020 Escape SEL. Any issues with updating either of these to this version? I heard there were issues with climate potentially but don’t see anything in this thread about it? Also I heard that 2020 models might not work. Is that true? Thank you for your help !

just updated 3.4.20282 > 3.4.20351. Having issues with phone call end (not finishing after end call button touch in any way)
Rolled back to 20282. vehicle kuga 2019.
Think will try to update again, I think it was phone problem, not updates issue.
Sorry for my english :slight_smile:

MAP isssue WORKING AFTER UPGRADE TO 3.4.

2 Likes

I am going to upgrade to the new version ,since the version 3.4. 20282 I have now, with the syn3 updater 2.0 application. Is a master reset required after upgrading?

hi, i am trying to install build 20352 in reformat mode. and has some problems always comes out the PKG_ERR04

1 Like

If the vehicle is not 2020, you are ok.
You must NOT use reformat in a 2020 car.
About climate controls, for some people they appeared (they didn’t have them before) in a 3.4 build, then went away again. So it was a bug for those people to see those controls, Ford later solved that bug.
If you had them from the factory, chances are you won’t have any issues since your model is intended to display them.
If you have issues, I think you can activate them via Forscan.

Not sure how you upgraded, but make sure to perform a master reset, just to be safe

If you only update the APPS package, it should not be needed.
If you run into some issues, then yeah, you should master reset.

its easy, just doing same way like updating via usb flash, only lower version. Of course step by step. Using sync downloader

You are most likely doing something wrong, since you are using reformat and the error you are getting is that a package has been blacklisted. Post your logs or read the documentation

If you configure the app correctly, this would not be happening.

I uploaded the file, with autoinstall, I updated correctly from 20282 to 20351, only I wanted to reformat because I always have the bug of the FM stations.

log.txt (2,0 KB)

Why are you forcing REFORMAT?
You can’t use the reformat tool in the build you are.
So again, why are you forcing the install method?.

If you want to reformat (not sure why), you will need to configure the app correctly. If you do and select a full build upgrade (with maps), the tool will generate the USB properly to reinstall everything.

Have you performed a master reset?

And from the log it seems you do not want all packages to be reinstalled.
So again, not sure what you are trying to do or why you are forcing reformat.

On a 2020 escape you can do the normal ford update through their website then just to the 20315 update through here.

hello! first time posting!
first off, thank you everyone on the Cyanlabs team for this awesome tool.
so, I’m coming from 19052 going to 20351 in a 2016 Fusion and here’s what I noticed:
~ Android Auto does appear to start up a bit faster but not by a whole lot.
~ The audio clipping issues I’ve noticed on EVERY version after 19052 is still present however, unlike the other version were the audio will clip about 1-2 seconds 2-4 times a song I’ve noticed it clips very rarely but less than 1 second.
After testing all of the available versions I think it’s safe to say my APIM is probably defective. It’s been giving me issues ever since I bought the car in 2016. My regret, other than buying the car, is that I didn’t push hard enough to get the APIM warrantied. so, I’m stuck with 19052 for now. To be honest, I prefer it due to the Browse function change they made in the later versions. Voice commands for my USB library is a nightmare.

5 Likes

Hi! From my experience in my 2018 Focus, the audio clipping has been there (over bluetooth only) since v2.2, but it appears to be completely fixed in 3.4.20351.
It’s unbelievable the fix for such annoying issue came at the cost of losing warranty over the part producing the issue in a first place.

2 Likes

Hey,

I’ve installed the new version… finally :slight_smile: I can confirm that the USB bug is not entirely gone, but it happens less often. Other than that everything seems to be the same. Nothing is loading faster for me (vs 20282).