Sync 3.4.21098 - Feedback & Issues

I’m in Spain, I don’t know if that will have something to do with it, because if I downgrade the 19274 version it works perfectly

I rarely had an issue with songs skipping on earlier versions of Sync 3.4, but I have noticed recently that there seems to be more of an issue on the later versions. 3.4.19274 seemed to be better than the more recent versions, but as CyanLab stated above, it’s always been there.

Trying to download the 3.4.21098 updates, but the system keeps saying connection lost on file 4UST-14G422-CCH_1615429127000.TAR.GZ after numerous attempts.

This has been reported many times by only a small portion of users and cannot be reproduced for troubleshooting. As the error says, the server (Ford’s) is closing the connection.

This is what you could do:

• Keep trying until it succeeds
  • Try a different computer
  • Try a different network
  • Configure Syn3Updater to only use a single download connection instead of 8
  • Manually download the files via a browser and save them into the Syn3Updater download folder and re run the process: Syn3Updater will find the files locally and validate them without re-downloading and later create the USB drive. You can get the files list and download them here: Easily Update Your SYNC 3 Using Our Manual Method - CyanLabs

I have a 2021 Escape Plug-in Hybrid w/Sync 3 v3.4.21098 and I can confirm that the SiriusXM bug hit me this a.m. I started the drive with SiriusXM working, shut off the engine at a gas station while refueling, then SiriusXM audio was absent when I started the engine. I had this same issue w/the previous Sync update.

Sync 3.4.20351 is the last version with reliable SiriusXM/Travel Link. You could downgrade to that version if you like, but you need to turn off automatic updates and wifi on the vehicle to prevent it from just installing 3.4.21098 again on it’s own.

TSB 21-2150: Sync 3 SiriusXM and Travel Link and other issues… - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

Thanks for that, but I’ll just wait it out. It could introduce new problems that were addressed on the last two releases. I’ve only had this car for a little over a month.,

Which Ecoport Model did u upgrade from?
I have a Ford Ecosport Titanium AT 2017 non navigation model.
Can i upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4?
If yes what are the changes in 3.4 ?

It’s the same for every car, 3.0 to 3.4 is doable, if it’s 2016 you may need to replace the USB hub.

Thanks for a quick reply.
Since its my first try I am a little scared to upgrade.
Where can i find the 3.4 changelog.

There isn’t any changelog, look around the feedback threads like this one and you should be able to gather a list.

Great ! have prepared the USB will update the system and try to post a video of the same.
Thanks for the help.

1 Like

updated to 3.4…
no whatsoever issues.
smooth and easy update
tested no audio on phone calls issue on previous version 3 while using android auto, no issues with 3.4
interface looks refreshing

Observations after using 3.4

1. Android Auto gets unresponsive sometimes.
    (update) found out the unresponsiveness was due to the phone getting locked which is a android auto issue.
  2. No ringtone even after setting ringtone

Android Auto has always been unresponsive some times this isn’t 3.4 specific

1 Like

Hello,

I cannot enable the “Activate mobile apps” option because it is greyed out (see link below) and when my iPhone is connected via USB, Waze is no more detected by Sync 3 (3.4.21098). Please, can you help me?
Thank you!
https://www.linkpicture.com/q/CD525C23-A7B4-43A0-86EE-0658B1398F19_1_105_c.jpeg

Mobile apps do not work at the same time as CarPlay. Either unplug/disable CarPlay or don’t use mobile apps.

It may also be greyed out because it is plugged in and preferring USB. Unplug your phone, pair with Bluetooth and see if you can enable the top option.

1 Like

not sure where to post. none of the sync 3 automated options will download fully. It doesn’t matter which 3.4 version either. I’ve tried 7 different. Also, i have tried the manual option without success as well. Manual option always fails at 4U5T-14G422-CAH_1615428946000.TAR.GZ
Anybody have any advice?

You can try to download the files manually. See your PM…

This has been reported many times by only a small portion of users and cannot be reproduced for troubleshooting. As the error says, the server (Ford’s) is closing the connection.

This is what you could do:

• Keep trying until it succeeds
  • Try a different computer
  • Try a different network
  • Configure Syn3Updater to only use a single download connection instead of 8
  • Manually download the files via a browser and save them into the Syn3Updater download folder and re run the process: Syn3Updater will find the files locally and validate them without re-downloading and later create the USB drive. You can get the files list and download them here: Easily Update Your SYNC 3 Using Our Manual Method - CyanLabs

Since manual downloading with browser is also failing, I’d strongly suggest trying a different internet provider and computer.

1 Like