Sync 3.4 camera zoom not working

Well I’ve tried everything and so far nothing has worked. I give up because I don’t know what else to do

Here is something to try found in the Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues thread.

louage
Can you try changing this AsBuilt as follows and see if it works? Please report back what this is currently set to on your vehicle:

tombailt
Works, thank You very much.
Changed 0 to 1
With 1 on 20196 front camera works The same as 0 or 1 in 20021 version. Zoom in rear camera works too

Well I’ll surely try that this morning.

Thank you!

Any updates? Same issue with my 2018 F150 Lariat. Updated to 20196 and lost my zoom. Everything else works great. Did master reset, but haven’t checked with Forscan.

Also, install was the full format with maps. Updated from the latest build of version 3.0. Zoom worked before upgrade. Didn’t try any earlier versions of 3.4.

Looking at the three setting listed above in Forscan:

7D0-01-01 xAxx xxxx xxxx << my AB is A
7D0-01-02 xxxx xx1x xxxx << my AB is 0
7D0-02-01 xxxx xxxx Cxxx << my AB is C

Need to verify in Forscan and try changing 7D0-01-02. This setting is suppose to signify a FC is available, which I do not have.

7D0-01-02 xxxx xx0x xxxx >> 0=PHEV not avail & RI disabled & FW not avail & FC not avail
7D0-01-02 xxxx xx1x xxxx >> 1=PHEV not avail & RI disabled & FW not avail & FC avail

I haven’t been able to do anything since I posted last. I’ve been on the road working. Sounds like we have identical issues.

2 days ago my FordPass randomly quit working but I got that fixed.

@JayBo, @beatstanfurd,

Do you guys have RVC Split View? Does it work?

Don’t believe I have split view for RVC. Only get one view on the sync screen when put it in reverse with the zoom button in the upper left corner.

I don’t.

Ok, thanks. I’m trying some settings as an experiment.

edit: if you have ForScan do the rear camera initialization in the tools menu. Let me know if this works.

Might be called LIN Initialization

My RVC is the same as JayBo

Went outside to try the reinit, but laptop was dead :(. Also thinking I might try rolling back to an earlier version. Have 20021 on my explorer and zoom still works there, but will try reinit and the apim value change (7D0-01-02 xxxx xx1x xxxx << my AB is 0) first.

I will also try the reinit tomorrow. I won’t roll back unless you confirm success.

Confirmed that all three were already programmed as written in a previous post of mine.

7D0-01-01 xAxx xxxx xxxx << my AB is A
7D0-01-02 xxxx xx1x xxxx << my AB is 0
7D0-02-01 xxxx xxxx Cxxx << my AB is C

Tried 7D0-01-02 xxxx xx1x xxxx. APIM rebooted after writing (didn’t power cycle ignition, let me know if this is mandatory) but still no zoom.

Did the reinit, but not knowing what to expect, just followed the instructions (turn off ignition, turn on power, but not engine) and got the following results.

Unless there are other things to try, going to roll back to 20021 tomorrow.

Still have the white guide lines and the upper right truck logo and upper left zoom icon, just zoom not working.

Did enable calm mode while in there with Forscan.

Thank you for trying this, I think it pretty much confirms that this is indeed a bug (or maybe a change) in the software. This has been reported on various models and years. I’ll forward this to my Ford employee contact as he has been gathering info on it to file a report. Thanks again.

You might as well roll back if this is important to you.

thank you. will roll back tomorrow and see if it starts working again. will report my findings.

1 Like

Before you do that… Were you in reverse gear when you pressed the zoom button? I see the red tail lights but can’t tell if those are the brakes. It used to be that the zoom did not show up unless you are in reverse gear. I think that is still true, but I wanted to check.

Was in reverse at the time. Can double check before the roll back.

OK, thanks. No need to check.

What exactly is calm mode?