Sync 3.4 camera zoom not working

This…

Rolled back to 20021 and zoom is working again. No changes with asbuilt data. Did clear two DTC’s concerning fog and headlights. Can get specifics on the DTC if anyone thinks its worthwhile.

Did recently replace my front bumper and removed the fogs until I received my replacements. Wonder if the left headlight dtc could be related to my alpharex and grille light issue.

Did you upgrade to LED lights? That would cause this.

Have had alpharex headlights with led high and low beams for over a year now. Swapped out my chrome bumper for a steel raptor style bumper recently and installed rigid sae fogs, but the fogs were installed after the bumper a couple days later.

I do have an on again off again issue with the halo on my alpharex driverside not working. Believe its related to my grille marker lights tapped into the driverside light. Alpharex support had said there were issues with grille marker lights being used with their headlights when i called them last winter. They suggested wiring the grille lights to a keyed ignition add a fuse. Never got around to it since it started working all the time, but recently noticed its been misbehaving again.

Did it rain? Car wash? I’ve seen weirder things…

no rain here in CA and didn’t wash anything till lights were installed.

I believe that. The circuit load is monitored by the BCM, I think, and will throw faults if not right.

Any changes I’ll have to do rolling back to 20021? Do I have to do the reformat and all like I did when upgrading from 3.3?

No, just load 20021 thru an autoinstall.lst file.

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 5U5T-14G381-EB_1581452369000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-EB_1581452369000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Used the Sync 3 Updater here to build the thumb drive and picked 20021 for the build.

No need to redo the maps is there?

no need to redo maps

Just rolled mine back as well. Zoom works perfectly.

Hi guys
I updated my 2017 Ford Sync 3 to ver.3.4 and maps to 20196…all working fine
But now my front Camera non working at all…no picture…no zoon
Any suggestion???

Read further up the thread:

Try the update to 20282 first and report back if it works to fix the bug.

Tank you for your help…I will try first the update to 20282 as you suggest.
I will let you know

1 Like