Sync 3 v3.4.20282 Officially Releases

How long after a Master Reset does it take SiriusXM logos to repopulate? FordPass had me do that on December 30 and I’m still missing a few of them.

On 20282, 2020 Ford Escape Platinum.

1 Like

Go to the SiriusXM website and send a radio refresh to your car. Make sure you are in clear sky, not in a garage, etc. This sometimes works to get the logos back.

1 Like

Thank you F150. I will try that!

That worked for me to get some missing logos back. Sometimes they take a couple days

Do you have a navigation-equipped unit ?

Yes, I do have navigation.

@hallstevenson,
The non-nav units have issues with logos. Have you seen any solution over on the Fusion forum?

1 Like

Nope. I suspect there is no solution and it’s working as-designed.

I tried downloading the files from the FORD site for my 2020 Expedition. The VIN check advised an update was available. There were only 6 files in the I went to the CYAN app and it only downloaded 3 files, same result. Any idea what I can do now?

1 Like

Ford uses scripting to check for hardware and software versions to determine if you are eligible for an update. The CyanLabs method does not include those files, therein lies the difference. They are exactly the same files in either case, you can check the file hash values in the Software Database on this site.

Ok so when I try and install the usb, I get a red screen with the ERROR UPDATE PACKAGE NOT FOUND. Do you have experience with that?

Can you take a pic and post it here?

Did you use the Syn3 Updater? If so, can you post the log file from the usb or app…

These are the files from the Ford site

Couple of things,

1. you appear to be using a external hard drive, this is not a good idea, atleast i assume so based on “EXHDD”
  2. Do you have other devices plugged in?
  3. Your APIM is currently in Reformat mode and you are trying to install autoinstall.lst this WILL not work
1 Like

This is clearly a 4 inch screen, you are in reformat mode, and you are trying to autoinstall. I don’t understand how you got to this point using a manufacturer package pictured. At some point you used an autoinstall with the reformat file, and now you are stuck in reformat mode.

Maybe this will work. We are going to use only 2 of the file in the picture and make a reformat installation disk. Use a real thumb drive, please. USB 3.0 if you have it.

5U5T-14G381-FK
5U5T-14G391-BM

Place these 2 files on the usb in a folder named SyncMyRide.

Create a text file using notepad and name it ‘reformat.lst’. Make sure it does not have a .txt extension. This file will be placed in the root of the USB.

Copy this into the file and save it.

APPS=5U5T-14G381-FK.TAR.GZ
VOICE=5U5T-14G391-BM.TAR.GZ

Copy the DONTINDX.MSA file from your other source and place it in the root of the USB.

You should now have this:

Usb (root)
> reformat.lst
> DONTINDX.MSA
> SyncMyRide (folder)
> > 5U5T-14G381-FK.TAR.GZ
> > 5U5T-14G391-BM.TAR.GZ

Place this in the vehicle and see if it installs. Unplug all other devices, including phones.

2 Likes

This at worked thank you

Glad to help.

If you want to load Gracenotes, you can do this separately…See this tutorial:

Tutorial: No Gracenotes After Sync 3.4 Installation. Manual Installation Instructions - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GRACENOTES - 4U5T-14G423-CB_1598636132000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G423-CB_1598636132000.TAR.GZ
Options = Autoinstall

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.