Updating Sync 3 APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Thanks, I know the 2020+ ACM have different style connections, so my APIM is good I take it? I’ll look for a newer ACM. Thanks Chief

I have a 2020 ACM that I can get, it is an LC3T-18K810-FE with the newer connections on the back, I have both wiring pin outs and there are 2 wires on the C240A connector that neither one has. The 2017 on C240A pin 3 is SMCS and pin 19 is CTRL MOD Audio # Radio D those aren’t on the 2020 and on the 2020 pin 14 and pin 25 are CTRL MOD Bluetooth Media Gateway Module DRDL TX + and TX - All the pins for C240 B reference the same. My question will this ACM work with my APIM JS7T-14G371-JED, the donor truck APIM is 5U5T-14G371-CMD.
Thanks Matt

You would likely need the newer APIM and the wiring for the Bluetooth Media Gateway Module DRDL TX + and TX - to make that work in a 2017 F-350 as those are CGEA 1.2, not CGEA 1.3. I am not sure the JS7T-14G371-JED, APIM will support this.

Thanks, I’ll look for a early model 2020 I have another one that is KL3T-18D832-FJ radio as they have the same C240A and B connection like the 17-19 hopefully that will have the stations and the metadata I want

This one will work but it is tested with a K-series APIM. Unknown if it will work with a J-series even with the latest firmware.

Thanks Chief, You’re a great asset, I appreciate your time and knowledge.
When I get to that point of changing out the ACM I will post the results to the K series, along with all the firmware installed on both APIM and ACM

Hello Together

I made a HB5T APIM with reformat and installed the firmware 1U5T-14G374-DA.

Which is the latest I can install on the APIM?

APIM Firmware Production Releases - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

For reliability, 1U5T-14G374-DA would be about right. You can go to the later versions if you like, but this will not give you any additional features or benefits on a Pre-MY18.5 APIM.

1 Like

Hi F150Chief

Thank you for your reply. Which is the latest version that go for the Pre-MY18.5? It is a Mondeo.

Vehicle does not matter. For reliability, 1U5T-14G374-DA would be about right.

1 Like

Would someone be so kind as to direct me to a link to download the following files?:

GB5T-14G376-AA.VBF
GB5T-14G374-CA.VBF
GB5T-14G375-DA.VBF
GB5T-14G379-AA
GB5T-14G379-BA

My APIM is black screened after a jump start and I’m hoping I can get it reflashed with ForScan, but I’ll need the above files to attempt it if what I have read this evening is correct and I’m interpreting things correctly as well. Thank you in advance for your help.

See your messages…

What would I need to provide to get the latest for mine? Forscan won’t detect it as it’s not the same as the one that came with the car and it’s the last thing I want to try for the issues I’ve been having before I just give up and disable GPS in the asbuilt.

It’s a K series if that helps.

See this:
APIM Firmware Production Releases - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

A K series would be at this level at minimum:
3.2/3.3 APIM NAV & NON-NAV Unit Firmware (Production Release, 2018.5, Late J thru K Series)
Secondary Boot Loader: GB5T-14G376-AA
Strategy (F188): 1U5T-14G374-DA (6/27/2018)
Calibration (F124): 1U5T-14G375-DA (NAV) / 1U5T-14G375-CA (NON-NAV)
ECU Configuration/Sound Profiles (F10A): GB5T-14G379-AA
ECU Configuration/Illumination Strategy (F16B): JB5T-14G379-BA (6/7/2018)

If you provide your VIN via PM I can tell you what it came from the factory.

My original was a J series, I put this one in to get X40 SiriusXM (I think that’s why Forscan is confused).

I don’t have the donor VIN but there is a sticker on it that says 2019 FLEX. I’ll grab a pic of the calibration screen sometime this weekend, hopefully that’ll bring some clarity.

This is what Forscan shows:

The calibration file is for EU…
xxxx-14G375-H*.vbf 64GB EU with NAV (Telenav)
This should be 1U5T-14G375-DA (NAV) / 1U5T-14G375-CA (NON-NAV).
APIM Firmware Flash Order and Region Information - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

The APIM is from a 2019 Fiesta Mk8:
KU5T‑14G371‑GJA, 64GB, WITH NAV
This is an EU APIM. It will work for NA, but it will need to have the firmware reprogrammed for NA. It will not work properly as it is programmed now.

2019 Flex(Last year they were made) did not come with Sirius 360L(x40). A K series should work fine with it as long as you have the wiring and the right ACM.

And the APIM is programmed for the proper region…

Ah yes! That to. Many people try to enable Nav in motion and it makes the Sirius stop working.