Version 22251 Issues Arising?

Did you ask in their forum/discord?

I did post a question at FMods and waiting for the response. But, it doesn’t hurt if you have any suggestions to share with me.
Thanks

Of course not, but I asked since they are the owners of the “tool” lets say, chances are they have the upper hand and have more experience with it.

1 Like

Great!!!
It´s working. Perfect.

Now the instruction: if you have the follwing issue and nothing else is working.
Version of Sync: 3.4 Build 22251. Not MY20.
<d2p1:PartitionHealth type=“/fs/rwdata/” total=“1.2G” available=“0”/>
The partition is completely full.
Error 8

1. Use Sync3 Jailbreak with Forscan
  2. Use Deamon installer
  3. Use rwdata Data Cleaner 1.1
  4. Downgrade Sync3 to Build 19101 with Cyanlabs, only Apps nothing else.
  5. Upgrade to the latest version 3.4 Build 23088 with reformat and maps.
  6. Master Reset over Touchscreen.

Result: <d2p1:PartitionHealth type=“/fs/rwdata/” total=“1.2G” available=“1.0G”/>

Thank you very much !!!

You can find all necessary apps on the database of FMods and for downgrade and update use Cyanlabs.

Or you could have just followed the tutorial here:
APIM Sync Settings Not Saving, VER_ERR08 Errors, Cannot Perform Master Reset or Upgrades/Updates - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

This Link was one of my the foundation and it was very helpful. But the last hit was missing. In my case the mods tool was not have been installed, altough the tool said, it´s installed. The second was the script. I had problem with the script because it´s not working in my case.
I hope my summary is helpful for all difficult cases were the rwdata partion has zero free space.
I am so happy that my steps was working and I could recover my APIM. I am sure no garage would help me in this case, because the garage must spend to much time.

1 week update since downgrade to 22200:
/fs/rwdata/ = 545M / 1.2G
I have “diagnostic info sent to Ford” off. Wifi off. Autoupdate off. Sync is working smoothly!

I should also add that even though I posted in the 22251 problem thread, my rwdata actually went to 0M/1.2G on 23088. If you managed to downgrade and then went to 23088, I highly recommend you keep an eye on rwdata using the Interrogator.

Hey, guys! Hope you’re doing great!

So, I’m experiencing a really strange behavior. I was able to update to the 22251 version some months ago and these past days I’ve experiencing the issues reported on this post (asking me for confirming diagnostics and automatic updates, the language switches from English to Spanish and the navigation failure). Yesterday I tried doing a soft-reboot and I managed to fix the navigation issue. But starting today once I turn the ignition off, the system freezes and the screen won’t turn off.

I’ve tried running the Interrogator log but once I plug the USB, a pop-up appears telling me that the installation failed and it gives me an error code INSTL_ERR12. If I remove the USB and I plug it again, another pop-up appears telling me that the installation went OK but nothing happens, the system won’t turn off at all. I can close the pop-up and use SYNC normally.

Besides that, I’ve tried updating to the latest version available to see if that was helpful but I experience the same behavior described in the last paragraph.

I already tried running two consecutives soft-reboots but that didn’t help either.

What should I do here? I thought that maybe doing a hard-reset would help. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: it’s a 2018 Ford EcoSport Freestyle 2.0 4WD. One thing I forgot to mention is that I can’t do a master reboot since the system freezes once I hit the “Continue” button.

Did you try to see if an interrogator log is on the USB stick?
A hard reset followed by two soft resets should yield you enough memory to do the downgrade-reformat-reinstall. Maybe see if the hard reset works after the two soft resets.

No, there wasn’t an output from the Interrogator.

Besides that, I did a hard-reset followed by two soft-resets and that didn’t work either. Once the second soft-reset finished, I plugged my USB with the latest version of SYNC and configured as downgrade and the INSTL_ERR12 error pop-up appeared.

I can’t understand why the APIM is acting like this all of a sudden.

Good news …
Finally, i was able to clear the rwdata.
Than

That’s good to hear!, what ended up working for you?.

#102 SYNC3 HACK (Videoplayer + Hintergrundbilder) thx to fmods - YouTube This video.
From this post: FMods - Login

Thank you for sharing it, I’m sure it will help others in the future :+1:

1 Like

Of course.
BTY, no need for Forscan tool.
It took me more than three weeks to figure it out.

Now, should i upgrade it to 23088 from my current one 22251
Or should I downgrade it first

To jailbreak the unit?, you do not need it. It’s a nice thing to have though, since you can time the reset a lot easier. But it’s not required, no.

I do not recall your current setup, but general rule is:

• if you are upgrading maps and can reformat the unit, reformat it.
  • if you are not upgrading maps (just sync3 version), autoinstall it from where you stand now.
1 Like

Man, it’s really painful :persevere:
But, eventually I so glad I made it.
I think you can now update your post with this step for those how don’t have the Forscan tool.
Now, I’m applying the upgrade process. Will get soon to you
Thanks

Hi,
I am stuck at Updating System Software
I am only trying to update the sync ver with keeping the nav with the old version.
Any idea?
Thanks

Your APIM has 4 GB of free space, that should be enough.
I will tell you what: since this is not related to this thread’s main objective, create a new Sync3 issue topic. Make sure to complete the required details, and if you have the interrogator log output file, send it there as well to see what’s on the unit and what you are trying to do.

UPDATE:
I left the usb for around 10 minutes then, installation completed pop up.

Now, my sync is up to date.