Version 22251 Issues Arising?

Well, normal installation like those take about 15, so it seems you were just too anxious.
Also, do not double post… use the edit button instead of posting consecutive messages…

1 Like

Dear @SaNdMaN
Thank you so much for your support.
I think it’s a great idea if you update your post with my experience so that others can benefit from it.
Have a great rest of your weekend.

Just wanted to post an update here both for a previous comment of mine and an update @AuRoN posted in the Discord that I don’t think has been covered in detail here on the forum yet?

First off, ignore my previous comments about the Wifi and logging stuff. I’m positive previous info I received mentioned stuff about logs being cleared when reporting to Ford but no more details than that and that does not seem to apply in any way here using the built in diagnostic reporting functions.

The actual causes for the rwdata partition filling are twofold:

1. Logs inside the ‘slogs’ folder should have been compressed, drastically reducing the filesize of mostly text based content. This was not happening on 22251. This should be resolved for most people on 23088. It should also be rotating/deleting old logs here but that appears it may be missing? But the compression step should help dramatically.

(caveat on the above note, on MY own vehicle this compression step was not happening for some reason. A second cycle of downgrade/reformat/etc got it working. No clue what happened. If you have access to reviewing the contents of the eMMC either direct or via the SSH mod, couldn’t hurt to verify this is working.)

1. The CarPlay service, when a device is actively plugged in, appears to spam the above slogs (this was reported to be coincidental versus a confirmed cause. But if you use CarPlay and had this issue occur, this is likely the biggest culprit) and adds to the increase in filesize. It’s unsure if this has been fixed or not without reports from knowledgeable users with access to an iPhone.

EDIT: Probably better if I quote the full message in favor of paraphrasing:

I figured out the reasons why rwdata partition gets full

1. Missing / Broken slog compression and/or rotation
  2. A bug in Apple Car Play service

The issue number one is mainly due to the fact that the previous #.slog file is not compressed during the ‘next’ apim boot sequence, this thing alone shouldn’t be a problem UNLESS the files itself get really big, and that’s where issue number two has a role. There is a bug in the Apple CarPlay service and as soon as you plug the phone, the slog file start spamming an error and in around 50minutes the log file reach its maximum size, which is a bit more than 10MB. The file is not compressed at the next boot sequence and as soon as you plug your iPhone again, boom, another 10MB file, 10+10+10+10… space fill up pretty quickly.

With the new build 3.4.23088 the #.slog file is compressed during the boot procedure, so, even if the Apple Car Play issue hasn’t been fixed (i can’t check, because i like girls, so, I have an Android phone ) the 10MB file, once compressed will result in 500kb zipped log file circa.

What is confusing is the fact that I REMEMBER (but i might be wrong) that in old builds (but i cannot check right now) the previous #.slogs file was DELETED during the boot sequence… so, the slogs folder contained ONLY one file which was named #.slogs where # was the boot counter number. As i said i’m not 100% sure about that, but since the rotation is MISSING (they added / fixed the compression), even with the new build, SOONER OR LATER there will be TONS of files (one for each boot (reformat RESET the counter)) with 500kb or less size, that will fill up the rwdata partition space.

regarding the ACP bug, i cannot 100% confirm that it’s the due ACP itself, BUT from the logs i analyzed, the logs spam started AS SOON AS the user plugged the iphone and ACP daemon started. In all analyzed files.

bugged version

fixed version

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Everything was fine for 2 or 3 weeks…But today I’ve got the same problem…Settings lost…and the master reset was not available,until the battery disconnect. Build 23088…

23088 seems to share the same memory issue as 22251. I would stick with 22200 or 21265 until at least the next version is released that is known to correct the problem.

Did you install via reformat and/or master reset as it seems the but can longer if not.

I’d like to know too how you did the upgrade.
Downgrade, reformat and fresh install of 23088?
2-3 weeks seems awfully short for the rwdata partition to fill up completely.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

As of now, you can use the just released ford rwdata cleaner, now integrated in to syn3updater