Sync 3.4.20282 - Feedback & Issues

If you have climate controls on screen from the factory then you should have them after the upgrade. The issue above applies to vehicles that did not have this originally and the bug in the software turned it on.

It didnā€™t from the factory but it does now since I upgraded to sync 3 awhile back.

There was a bug in older sync 3.4 versions, if you didnā€™t have it from factory you wonā€™t have it on the newest SYNC 3.4 as itā€™s been fixed, easily re-enabled with ForScan and a ELM327 adapter.

1 Like

Ok thank you :+1: Iā€™ve used forscan so yep no biggie just have to find forscan value for climate on screen

https://cyanlabs.net/ford-apim-asbuilt-db/

:warning: Build 20282, Only I get this ā€œBUGā€?
When the car is turned on, the station control is selected but it loads indefinitely as you can see from the 1st photo, when I go back it remains semi-transparent ā€¦
Fiesta Vignale MK8

Do a master reset and see if it remains

Even after resetting the problem remains ā€¦

Thanks for sharing, took less than 10min to update from 20196 withnout navi :slight_smile:

8 posts were split to a new topic: 2019 Expedition failing update to 3.4

Hello @CyanLabs does this new version allow the climate controls to be displayed on the screen in the correct order for UK users?

No, unfortunately not, itā€™s unlikely this will ever be fixed, complain to FORD

I donā€™t get what are you doing. Why are you deleting files and formatting the drive manually?, all that can be done via the app to avoid users doing things wrong.

I upgraded my 2017 MKZ from 3.0.19205 to 3.4.20282. Took around 26 min with no glitches. I had an initial problem with the MY Lincoln app not connecting, but realized I had not enabled data sharing after I did the Master Reset. Toggled that on and everything worked fine.
Not sure what I was expecting, but the new software is underwhelming! All I see are some changed icons, like the look when you toggle features on and off. No artwork of any kind, album or station IDā€™s. Nav looks like it may have changed a bit but I typically use Waze on Carplay for serious navigation.
Any significant changes or improvements that Iā€™m missing?

3.4 is miles faster and more responsive than 3.0

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™m not a power user so I donā€™t notice the improvement. Only drive the car every other day and not very far.

Thank you for the fine work on the installer.

Hello everyone. i updated sync 3.0 to 3.4 20282, forgetting to activate maps, now maps donā€™t work. I tried to reinstall with usb, but the key was formatted. now I can no longer install on the usb how can I do? and what installation method should I use. thank you

you need to downgrade. donā€™t understand how people forgot to select maps. read the documentation https://cyanlabs.net/docs/syn3updater

NOTE: i give up moderating this post, no one reads anything any more.

I prefer the factory nav and since Iā€™m patient with waiting for 1 year for map updates since I add missing roads through mapcreator.here.com , my city is well covered. I also like the pictures of the lane directions on highway exits.

1 Like

Yeah, as i think about, I no longer make the kind of long cross country trips for which Waze was useful for monitoring traffic. Locally, the factory nav is better visually.