Common Issues Documentation
24 January 2021 - 13:55
- Changing Region
- Features - Adding, Removing & Broken Features
- Common Issues/Errors
- Error Messages/Install Errors
1. Changing Region
- Cyanlabs does not support change of region. EU region required 64GB APIMs, the majority of non-EU APIMs are 32GB.
- There is some detail on how to put EU maps on US vehicles in the following topic, but the process is not supported and no advice will be provided: Tutorial: EU Maps to US Car (3.4 Sync, F9 Maps)
2. Features - Adding, Removing & Broken Features
Adding New Features
- See tutorial by F150Chief here: Tutorial: No Gracenotes After Sync 3.4 Installation. Manual Installation Instructions
Updating APIM Calibration (enable Radio Logos/Calm Screen):
- See tutorial by Louage here: Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)
Enabling Park Assist after Upgrading to Sync3
- See tutorial by Louage here: Enabling Park Assist in Sync 3 (For those that have done a Sync 2 > Sync 3 Upgrade)
- See tutorial by F150Chief here: Tutorial: Removal of Gracenotes
Navigation instructions in instrument cluster is missing
- Apple Carplay is not supported in any version
- Android Auto is only supported in 3.4+
- Feature must be enabled in IPC. If the feature does not work for factory navigation, then the navigation repeater option for your vehicle in the IPC module must be activated, this is different for each vehicle, and not available for all models.
- There is an AsBuilt setting for ‘navigation repeater format’ which can be changed between ‘intel’ and ‘motorola’ format - it is worth swapping this using ForScan.
Climate Controls are reversed/not working
- Climate controls do not work correctly on the Focus mk3/3.5, Kuga/Escape and other older vehicles.
- This can include reversed temperature controls, non-functioning A/C or recirculation functions.
- This is a legacy hardware issue and will not be fixed. Vehicles of this age have the climate controls on screen disabled from factory.
Sirius logos missing
Radio Logos (NON SIRIUS) are missing (EU)
- Perform a master reset of the APIM
- Upgrade to 3.4.20196+ - lower versions require an APIM calibration upgrade to enable
- Radio logos are stored in the APIM, not all stations are covered. If only one station is not working the database may be missing the station - it is not possible to manually add images. Future updated DAB image packages may add this in the future.
Radio Logos (NON SIRIUS) are missing (US)
- FM radio logos in the US do not exist. Only certain HD Radio stations support logos.
Can I set my presets as radio logos/Cover Flow style (as seen in 2020 vehicles?)
- This required a newer 2020 ACM (amplifier module) to be installed, it is not possible just to enable this function. This upgrade is not well understood yet but is being discussed on the F150 Forums
- See: Sync 3.0 updated to 3.4 As build and APIM questions
- See: Satellite radio screen - "cover flow" style
Clock does not stay set/resets to 00:00
- APIM master clock AsBuilt setting may need amending. Depending on your vehicle model this needs to be set to either APIM, BCM or IPC. If the correct setting for your specific model is not known, try the alternatives and perform a master reset to determine which works correctly.
Heated seats icons are missing after upgrade to 3.4.20196+
- Known issue, see: 3.4.19101 to 20196 lost heated seats on home screen
Screen is extremely dark
- If you are having issues where the APIM doesn’t turn off after the car ignition is off and door opened:
- In ForScan set the APIM As-Built 7D0-06-01: x1xx-xx
- In UCDS set the APIM DEO5 > “illumination Gateway” to C1MCA
3. Common Issues/errors
Interrogator / Log file generation
- See full tutorial here: Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility
Missing/invalid error during USB creation process
- This is normal behaviour - it means the required file is missing from your computer and needs to be downloaded.
Common issues when using a mac
- There is not a mac version of the Cyanlabs application available, therefore the manual method on the Cyanlabs site must be used, though it is highly recommended to complete the process on a Windows PC using the Syn3Updater app.
- When creating reformat.lst and autoinstall.lst files, the Mac text editor tends to change the format from the required ‘.LST’ filename. Using the ‘Textedit’ appication in raw mode is a good workaround.
Non-NAV APIM failing to upgrade to a newer version (LST/INSTL errors)
- Due to restricted filesystem space you may not be able to upgrade to a newer version of Sync3. See the below tutorital by F150Chief to fix this:
- Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4
4. Error Messages/Installation Errors
Navigation Failure error message
- Perform a master reset
- If the vehicle has undergone a conversion from Sync2 > Sync3 hardware, cheap GPS antenna commonly cause this fault. Replace it with a better quality (e.g. OEM) antenna.
- If you have changed region, incorrectly set region causes this error. Install the correct map set or change the region code in AsBuilt.
Red Screen With Error At Around 7-8 Minutes.
- Usually as you are trying to install maps on a non-navigation APIM. Recreate the USB without maps.
- There is an error in the autoinstall.lst / reformat.lst file, re-create it/check formatting/ensure it is named correctly.
- If using a Mac, see ‘Common issues using a mac’ thread.
INSTL_ERR11 – APPS_UPDATE_PART_ERROR
- The ‘current version’ is set incorrectly in the Syn3Updater app - you have likely entered your desired version (e.g. 3.4.20196) instead of your presently installed version (e.g. 3.0.19205).
- Recreate the USB using the Syn3updater app using the correct current version.
INSTL_ERR12 - DIR_CREATION_ERROR
- This is thought to be a hardware failure in the APIM. Try performing a master reset and reinsert the USB stick. If the error persists, the APIM (Sync3) hardware module may need to be replaced in your vehicle.
LST_ERR04 – Error is LST_ERR_NO_SECTION
- Bad updates files, re-create the USB using the Syn3Updater utility
- You are attempting to use Sync2 files on a Sync3 APIM.
LST_ERR05 - LST_PKG_FILE_NOT_FOUND
- Either a typo in the autoinstall.lst/reformat.lst files, or the .tar.gz file in the ‘SyncMyRide’ folder is missing/corrupt.
- If using the Syn3Updater app, consider using an alternative USB drive and re-run the process.
LST_ERR06 – LST_ERR_MALICIOUS_CHAR
- Remove spaces/bad characters in autoinstall.lst and reformat.lst files.
- Remove spaces/bad characters in file names of files/folders on the USB update stick.
LST_ERR07 – LST_ERR_NO_OPEN1_PARAM
- Autoinstall.lst or reformat.lst files have extra spaces, line breaks or similar. Check with a text editor and remove the extra formating.
- Autoinstall.lst and reformat.lst files must be in the root of the USB drive, NOT within the SyncMyRide folder.
LST_ERR08 – LST_ERR_OPEN_LIMIT_EXCEEDED
- You can only have 10 items in the autoinstall.lst, remove extras.
PKG_ERR03- PKG_UNTAR_FAILURE (after a few seconds, stuck at red screen)
- Missing/incorrectly formated reformat.lst file. Re-create the USB, or check for errors in reformat.lst using the manual tutorial
PKG_ERR04 – PKG_REVOKED (Package has been blacklisted)
- One of the packages you are trying to install has been blacklisted on the version you are presently using.
- The most common time this happens is when trying to use the reformat utility. Downgrade your apps version to 3.4.19101 or lower, or use the ‘downgrade’ functionality of the Syn3Updater, then re-run reformat utility.
Update does not do anything when USB is installed
- The ‘current’ version has been set incorrectly - re-create the USB with the correct ‘current’ configuration set
- You have incorrectly set ‘force autoinstall’ - recreate the USB stick without autoinstall forced (reformat mode is required)
Full List of Error Messages
VER_ERR01 – Error is VER_UNABLE_TO_FIND_VER_FILE VER_ERR02 – Error is VER_FPN_EMPTY VER_ERR03 – Error is VER_ERR_PARSE_VER_INF VER_ERR04 – Error is VER_FILENAME_EMPTY VER_ERR05 – Error is VER_VIN_MISMATCH VER_ERR06 – Error is VER_ESN_MISMATCH VER_ERR07 – Error is VER_TIME_LIMIT_EXCEED VER_ERR08 – Error is VER_SETTING_VER_INFO_ERROR VER_ERR09 – Error is VER_SAVE_LOCATION_EMPTY_INVALID_ERROR VER_ERR10 – Error is VER_FPN_VERSION_MOVING_IN_TMP_ERROR VER_ERR11 – Error is VER_FPN_IMAGE_FILE_NOT_PRESENT VER_ERR12 – Error is VER_FILE_HASH_VALUE_NOT_PRESENT VER_ERR13 – Error is VER_FILE_SIZE_NOT_PRESENT VER_ERR14 – Error is VER_PKG_TYPE_NOT_PRESENT VER_ERR15 – Error is VER_FILE_NOT_PRESENT_TO_CALC_HASH MEM_ERR01 – Error is MEM_NOSPACE_TO_COPY MEM_ERR03 – Error is MEM_NOSPACE_TO_EXTRACT PKG_ERR02 – Error is PKG_DWNLD_PKG_NOT_FOUND PKG_ERR03 – Error is PKG_UNTAR_FAILURE PKG_ERR04 – Error is PKG_REVOKED (Package has been blacklisted) PKG_ERR06 – Error is UNKNOWN (Restart usually fixes this) Signature Errors (Issues caused by invalid Version.der files) SIGN_ERR01 – Error is UNSIGN_ERROR SIGN_ERR02 – Error is SIGN_HASH_VALUE_MISMATCH SIGN_ERR03 – Error is SIGN_CERTS_NOT_PRESENT_ON_SYNC SIGN_ERR04 – Error is INSTALL_ERROR SIGN_ERR05 – Error is SCRIPT_INSTALL_ERROR<div data-theme-toc="true"> </div>